Capability Manager Enhanced provides a simple way to manage WordPress role definitions (Subscriber, Editor, etc.). View or change the capabilities of any role, add new roles, copy existing roles into new ones, and add new capabilities to existing roles. Now supports capability negation and role networking.
- Create roles
- Manage role capabilities
- Supports negation: set any capability to granted, not granted, or blocked
- Copy any role all network sites
- Mark any role for auto-copy to future network sites
- Backup and restore Roles and Capabilities to revert your last changes.
- Revert Roles and Capabilities to WordPress defaults.
Role management can also be delegated:
- Only users with ‘manage_capabilities’ can manage them. This capability is created at install time and assigned to Administrators.
- Administrator role cannot be deleted.
- Non-administrators can only manage roles or users with same or lower capabilities.
Enhanced and supported by since July 2012. The original Capability Manager author, Jordi Canals, has not updated the plugin since early 2010. Since he was unreachable by web or email, I decided to take on the project myself.
The main change from the original plugin is an improved UI which organizes